City of Vaughan Online Parking Permit System Help Section
This section contains various frequently asked questions. For additional assistance, please contact City of Vaughan staff:
By-law and Compliance, Licensing and Permit Services Department, City of Vaughan
Vaughan City Hall, Level 100
2141 Major Mackenzie Dr.
Vaughan, ON L6A 1T1
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4 pm, except for statutory holidays
Frequently asked questions
(1) How do I upload a proof of address, proof of construction of vehicle registration?
To upload any of these documents, you must:
- Scan or take a photo of the proof and then save it to your computer, laptop, smartphone, or other mobile device.
- On the screen which is asking for the documentation, click the upload button and select the file.
- Once you’ve selected the file, click Submit.
(2) Which parking laws do I need to comply with?
A reminder that parking permit holders must still follow the Parking By-law, as amended and other relevant laws, and that in the City of Vaughan, it is illegal to:
- park within three meters of a fire hydrant;
- park within a "No Park" or "No Stop" zone;
- park within nine meters of an intersection;
- park within 0.6 meters of a private roadway;
- interfere with snow-clearing operations (minimum five centimetres of snow fall);
- park left wheels to the curb; and
- park on private property without the consent of the owner or occupant.
To review the full by-law, visit www.vaughan.ca/parking.
(3) For how many days should I obtain a visitor or construction parking permit?
You should purchase a visitor or construction parking permit for all of the days that your visitor will be parked. For example, if your visitor will be parking from Friday night to Saturday morning, you should obtain a two-day visitor parking pass that includes Friday and Saturday.
(4) Where can I learn more?
You can learn more at www.vaughan.ca/parking.